Monday, January 14, 2013

1/14/13 Another dislike...

Not really meaning to be so very negative...

In fact, in a couple days I'll be meeting up with another Manitoba Food Blogger, and we'll be going to The Bay Paddlewheel for a lunch before it closes... wait a minute - maybe that is a negative rather than the positive I was working it up to be...

I have so many good memories of the Paddlewheel restaurant, and it will be great to get to know a new friend in person, that I guess I kind of forgot the sad part that it will be closing down.  So many great restaurants are closing... not sure if it is all easy to blame on the economy, since there are also lots of new restaurants opening.  I guess it is just a reshuffling.  Would be kind of hard for such an establishment to simply "downsize" - you need your full staff of cooks and serving personnel, and you really can't get by with a smaller kitchen (trust me on that one!) or dining room...

But, what I'd meant to post about is that I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who could "take it or leave it" when it comes to chocolate.  Really.  I sometimes crave it when I'm feeling down, and I love mint chocolate and I love peanut butter cups.  But plain chocolate?  Not so much.  Maybe because the quality just isn't the same as it used to be...

Well, at least later in the week, I'll have a happier, with underlying sadness, post to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment