Sunday, January 13, 2013

1/13/13 Tea Time!

I once wrote about tea on my regular blog.  But that was a while ago...

I've been a tea drinker ever since I can remember... I used to get up in the morning, and sit in the kitchen with my Dad and have a cup of tea.  Only thing I liked about going to school, lol.  I still have my favourite teacup!!  I also still have the Bunnykins two-cup teapot that my sister bought me when I was born (or maybe it was my first birthday - even she didn't recall exactly).

At one point in time, I think when I was in highschool, I started drinking coffee "because that is what people do".  I guess I must have thought that I would develop a taste for it eventually... I don't recall ever really liking coffee.  Though, I will admit, that now and again I'd have a cup at a restaurant when we used to go out for breakfast or brunch, and it would be "good".

A few years ago, though, I decided that it was silly to drink something that I didn't enjoy one bit, "just because".  So, I stopped.  It has been - oh, gee, I don't even remember exactly, but four or five years at least...

I now drink tea.  My preferred tea is English breakfast.  I also enjoy a cup of Earl Grey now and again.  And I also like Lady Grey, and Irish breakfast.  Then there are the herbals... not all created equal, I'm afraid!!  And finally, regular tea.

Under the heading of "herbal", I lump in all flavoured teas.  So, some of them are really black, green or white teas with flavourings, while others are tisanes.  But I just like to drink it, not get all technical about what it is.  I do know the difference, but when I'm sitting by myself in my kitchen, I really don't much care!  I just know what I like to drink ;)

Today, I felt like having one of the "herbals".  As I said, though, they aren't created equal!  Some of them are "just as good" as others - Celestial Seasonings, and PC store brand for example.  I enjoy either one - just depends on price and flavour availability and mood.  Stash is a slightly better quality, but also a bit pricier, so I tend to hoard that one and only drink it for special.  Another of the hoarded teas is David's Tea.  That is so good, but expensive!!  So those are for sure special occasion teas!! :)

Then there is the one I'm drinking, or should I say, just finished drinking.  A tea I'm stuck with...

Back in the summer, a friend was having a "tea party".  Home party sales, but tea.  (remember back when Tupperware was the only home party thing?) So, to help out, I ordered a "sampler" thing.  I'm very dissappointed.  I find them to be flavourless... but I guess I have to drink them, because I've opened them all to try, so I can't give them away.  And the price of them - not that I begrudge spending to help my friend - but it really makes it hard to just throw the tea into the composter.  I've just finished a cup of cinnamon tea, and I think I'd get more cinnamon flavour if I'd put my jar of spice on the counter beside the cup while I steeped it...  Oh well - at least I'm not thirsty anymore...

I think I'll go have a cup of David's Tea to rinse the bad taste out of my mouth....

No comments:

Post a Comment