Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1/13 Food report :)

Well, it is the start of another year.  As I get older, I tend to not make such a big deal out of such things - today is Tuesday.  That is more meaningful to me than "today is the start of a new year".  I mean, really, that is a lot to hang on one poor little day!!  And what makes this first of the month any  more special than any other first day of a month?  I mean, really - it is the first day of the rest of my life.  That I can relate to!!

Anyway - I will be trying to keep posting to this blog - and some of the posts might be rather mundane.  Food related, but mundane.  For instance, today - I haven't really been cooking much special lately, (meaning over the last few weeks) and prior to that, I made a few interesting dishes, but the days I made them are sketchy in my memory (what day did we have pasta last? when did I make jambalaya again?) but they are all the kinds of things that will be repeated again in the future, so I'll be able to do a better report on them later.

Eating out - not something we can truly afford to do often.  But now and again, I do manage to get out for lunch with one of my friends.  So, I will report on those adventures as they happen. And we *do* go for supper a few times a year...

Today - nothing special planned.  I would have, but realized I'd forgotten one ingredient for something I wanted to make.  Was going to run to the store yesterday to buy it, but as my fellow 'Peggers know, it was extremely cold - so I didn't want to fight both weather and last-minute shoppers for a block of cheese.  Today is much nicer, but of course the stores are closed!!!  So, tomorrow...

I am thawing some ground pork - but I haven't completely decided what I'm going to cook it up into just yet.  Will report back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment